Monday, October 29, 2012

Hey Girl, I'm Batman...

Batman is my favorite Superhero. Now in saying superhero I know that he doesn't actually have any super powers. He just has money, smarts and power. But no doubt about it he still is super in what he uses his resources for and saving people makes him a hero. Ergo Superhero. 

However even through he is my favorite there are somethings that really irk me about it:

1. Batman always wants to give up his secret Identity to the pretty girl. Dude is thinking with the wrong head. Fuck, I'm surprised he is actually alive with all the tail Bruce Wayne gets, I bet it is his pickup line! I can see it now! "Hey Girl, I'm Batman. Wanna come back to my place and see the batcave?" Or "Hey Girl I'm rich" that also may suffice.  He tells so many girls, how does the whole town not know!

2. Why is it when he has his mask on his eyes are very dark and removes it and nothing! Maybe he has like super makeup remover or something. Instant removal. I need to get shit like that. 

Do you see what I mean! Anyways, Michael Keaton is the best. 

3.  Joel Schumacher versions of Batman. Only George Clooney could come out of that movie unscathed. There is probably more, however I still rather enjoy it. They are just some Bat-Peeves! See what I did there!

I'm in the library studying taxonomy. It isn't that hard but at the same time it is super complicated. The best way for me to memorize taxonomy is to write it out over and over and over and over and over and over. 
So right now I am trying to learn procellariiformes. This is my process:
  1. First I try and separate the big scary term in to little easy terms: Pro-Cellari-iformes.
  2. Then I rewrite it like a bajillon times procellariiformes procellariformes procellariformes
  3. After that I try and memorizing the families. And like I said before I make little terms out of big scary terms. 
    • Diomedeidae- Dio- Mede-idae- Albatrosses
    • Procellariidae- Pro-cellari-idae- Sooty Shearwater
    • Hydrobatidae- Hydro-bat- idae Storm-petrels
  4. Then I move on to the next order and just continue through. 
Right now I have to memorize: 3 Superorders, 17 orders and 22 families. That is a lot of funky looking words I have to break apart. But this technique works for me! It just takes soo much time!


No comments:

Post a Comment