Thursday, June 13, 2013

Another Bar Story

I missed yesterday. I'm sorry guys. I woke up at 6am yesterday and I didn't get back home til late. Plus there is no longer wireless internet at my apartment so I am bumming wifi from the dining hall two blocks away.

Yesterday I went and picked up my family from the airport and spent the day in the Portland/Vancouver area. I returned home that night hoping to get some cleaning done but I had this urge to sing Karaoke. So I booked it to the bars. Before I left I texted a bunch of my friends saying karaoke at the bar tonight! Two friends responded stating that they would be in attendance. 

I drove over to the bars and took a deep breath. I was going into a bar by myself! It' really nerve wracking to do. I mean you are alone in a sense drinking. It feels a little awkward. So I walked in holding onto my confidence with all its might (Well you have to be confident to be wearing a belly baring top with sky high heels, but that's beside the point!). I then handed my ID got my $1.50 PBR and sat at the bar. All. By. Myself. It felt awkward but I just sat there drinking my 'high quality' beer. The benefits of being a girl at the bar is that people come to you. I don't have to nervously exert any energy trying to go talk to someone. 

Less than 10 mintues after arriving at the bar I was approached by a guy who nervously told me that his friend told him if he didn't approach me he was a pussy. I told him to sit down next to me and we talked for half the night. He was a really nice guy and I had a good time. I had two friends show up. One stayed only for 20 minutes and the other I sat down and had a long conversation with. Then my 'hugging friend' and his buddy showed up and I hung out with them until the bars closed. They lived semi-close to me so they walked me home. I was only walking alone for 3 blocks. I then proceeded to run home. Which may have been a bad idea... I could have totally fallen and eaten it. Very poor balance. 

Today I am cleaning up my apartment and getting ready to move out. I'm really tired of it. Which is why I took an internet break! 

No comments:

Post a Comment