Thursday, June 14, 2012

The Last Facebook Free Blog


Day 126, That means 126 day without facebook! I only missed one blog day because I was at a scuba diving field trip and I had no internet access. I would like to call this blog a success. I quite enjoyed putting my inner crazy on the web for you all to read.

This experience was nothing special. All I did was show some self control and now I feel like I have accomplished something huge. I started this blog back in February and that first week was the most difficult week ever. I cannot tell you how many times I ended up on the Facebook login page. The most disappointing thing is how many people I lost contact with. People that I thought were friends, turned out to just be internet illusions. I wish I could tell you that colors are brighter, tastes are sweeter. There is one thing and it could be connected or it could be completely irrelevant my grades are higher. (personally I think it is just a coincidence)

After I post this I will log back onto Facebook knowing that it isn't important enough to rule my life. I probably will delete many photos or make them private. I probably wont make very many status updates anymore. I would rather write a blog encompassing all my feelings and experiences, rather than trying to fit it into 160 characters. This time I round I want to view facebook as a chance to keep in touch with people, in stead of living my life through it. I know many of you voiced your opinion as to me returning to facebook. Some ecstatic for my return, others want me to delete it entirely. I'll let you know how it goes in my next blog.

Other changes that will occur the Day ### will no longer appear. It is not like I am going after a sobriety chip. It's purpose was to account for how long I could make it. Could I make it to my goal? How many days is it actually? Well now I know. 126 Days. Soon there will also no longer be daily blogs. My Wildlife Safari Internship starts a week from today. The house I will be living does not have internet of any kind. Which means I will not be online very often. So even though I am getting back facebook. I will have to learn how to live without the internet like I did back in the 90's. I will try to do a once or twice a week blog, to tell you about my week, my adventures, thoughts and feelings.

I'M DONE WITH FINALS! YAY! 
TIME FOR SUMMER WORK-CATION! 
Get it because I am working all summer.

Tonight is the last night I will spend in my apartment. Aside from the stupid crazy bitches who live here now I have spent three years of my life in this apartment. I'm not sad to leave because of the people but I will probably always look back at this apartment and smile. In the morning Rachel and I will be filling our storage unit with the remaining items in our room.

I would like to thank everyone for reading. Shout outs specifically to the people I know are reading. If I missed you I apologize and comment to say HEY I'm reading your blog!
Mom & Dad, Nathaniel, Aunt Linda, AZ Josh, Brandito, and Allison
I appreciate that you care about what I have to say.

Kestrel Jail! 


No comments:

Post a Comment