Thursday, November 15, 2012

Talkies!

Happy 201st blog...not as exciting is it?

I watched the Artist a few nights ago. It was very good. I feel like I have to watch it again, because I watched it maybe a little too late at night. However I have to say Jean Dujardin is quite the hottie. I could so see him as a movie star in the 20's. I also see him like the Cary Grant type.

I don't think I've actually ever seen a silent movie before. So it was a new experience for me. The actors have to display such emotion and really express what their characters are feeling through visual cues.

The closest this to a silent film I've seen is Singing in the Rain. And that's because it was a film about switching from Silent films to Talkies. Imagine if we still called movies today Talkies.

I talk a lot about movies here on the blog because I am quite the movie enthusiast. Now I tend to stay away from dramas because I cry super easily. I also steer away from horror because of my little over active imagination getting me in to trouble...in my head. I did watch this goofy horror flick last night. Tucker and Dale Vs. Evil. It was kinda dumb and humorous. Its about two Hillbillies who thing a group of college kids are trying to kill them/commit suicide and college kids who thing the two hillbillies who think these hillbillies have captured their friend and are trying to kill them. That may sound confusing. Basically the moral of the story is don't judge people by their appearance. Because these were some nice hillbillies.

Also, if I haven't mentioned before- The Usual Suspects is a good movie.


No comments:

Post a Comment