Thursday, February 28, 2013

Diatribe Thrusday

I am LIVID folks. Completely and utterly furious. Prepare for DIATRIBE THURSDAY!

This pure form of anger is related once again to my Group Project. 

I was editing my group project today with 2 of my group members who deiced to show up to the edit. The 3rd (Lets call him the Door I'll explain why soon) decide he was going to be the final edit and turn in the project for us. Anyways after we spent hours editing, The Door spent about an hour undoing all of our fine work. Please read this excerpt from his written section (edited by the Door) and see why we as a group wanted a different person to edit.
"Furthermore being that it is a very invasive plant, being located where it is, it needs to be destroyed in order that it doesn't take spread to other parts of the property and disrupt conservation efforts."
 WHAT IS THIS SHIT!?! This person is in college?! What?! This was his perfect writing? I spent about an hour trying to fix his portion of crap. I also spent another two hours trying to fix his 'superior' writing skills. I admit, my writing skills are sometimes sub-par. I don't edit my blog. I just try my best the first time around. Pretty much I spent over half of my day fixing what the Door messed up.

Alright, so today our professor asked us to take out a piece of paper. She instructed us to describe our group like a car. What kind of car it is, and what parts of the car are your group members. The first person I said was the passenger seat and steering along with me trying to figure out the direction the group should go. The second person I said was the Radio. Funny, entertaining and had a lot of 'radio stations' to bring to the group. Then there is the Door. I decided he should be the door because When the door is shut everything is good. However the door was often left open leaving this incessant dinging sound that doesn't stop. The door likes to talk, and talk and talk and talk and won't drop anything... EVER! Pretty much when ever he opens his mouth it is just a bunch of...



No comments:

Post a Comment