Wednesday, December 5, 2012

Bottle Me Up Some Sass

I've decided only one final might be worse than three. Yes stress might be through the roof with multiple finals. I'm so bored of BIRDS! So so so so so tired of the subject. I like birds but I don't want scientific names I don't want to identify dead birds. I just don't want to! RAGE!

In my extensive procrastination I started a new show. Ugly Betty. I have a new favorite character. Marc St. James played by Michael Urie. The best gay character ever. He is Fabulous! He is so sassy! I LOVE IT! He has great chemistry with every single character in the show especially Vanessa Williams! I just want to bottle his character up in a jar so that every now and then I could open it and get some sassy remarks. Maybe I need to get a life...


As of right now there is T-3 hours til my first and only final and I just want to get it over with. I'm jut doing the final touches of studying. Which apparently includes blog writing. I don't know what to really expect with this final. The specimens are literally 100 years old. Like 1912 old. Like I don't want to touch them because they are older than my grandparents old. They smell and their colors are muted. For instance the Ruddy Duck we have in the collection has a black bill- their bills are supposed to be a pale blue. So in a way it almost seems useless to use this collection. That could be the 'I want to be done' speaking!

4 comments:

  1. Someday you will look back on all this, smile, and say "fucking ruddy duck!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. fuddy duddy ruddy ducky
    so is this forensic ornithology or is your bird department just horribly underfunded?

    ReplyDelete
  3. The birds in the collection were killed for the reason of education. In a way it is a good thing because they haven't killed many to update the collection!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the fashion for study skins has changed.

    ReplyDelete