Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Happy Holidays

Well the holidays have been quite exciting if I do not say so myself. The power came on yesterday around one, making it to five days with out power. I like being in my home staying warm and cozy. Because being home with out power blows major chunks.

Perler Bead Nyan Cat
In order to survive many wonderful people opened their homes to us. They gave us electricity, food, water, warmth and even a bed. And the most important of all- THINGS TO DO IN THE LIGHT! My family spent most of our Sunday at a friends house and because of them I became obsessed with this stupid craft that is way too much fun. It's called Melty Beads! No, that's just what I call them. The actual title of the craft is Perler Beads. It took me a while to finally get the name correct. When I was googling for ideas I kept typing in Parler Beads, Pelerer beads, Parley beads...yeah

So Christmas Eve I came home to a powered, warm home and we still had not got a Christmas tree. Obviously time has run out so my dad and I went out in our backyard and searched for trees or parts of trees that had fallen down in the snow storm that caused the outages. As we searched in the snow we found a tree that was perfect. It was a little empty on the back side, but fuck it, it could go against a wall!

Since we didn't really want to drag all of our Christmas Decorations up my mom and I made paper chains to place on the tree. We also included paper clip chains and one ornament  which happened to be a Snowflake. Very appropriate for the winter of 2012! I had also made some perler bead designs to place on the tree including Pikachu and Nyan Cat who tops the tree!

Every Christmas Eve it is tradition in our family to get Pajamas. Since this Christmas was a major planning fail I was the only one who got some. But, it happened to be a Wiley Coyote Onzie. Pretty freaking sweet. And on Christmas Morning we skyped with the long lost brother as we opened our gifts.

Now it is nap time. Hopefully we will finish our Harry Potter marathon soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment