Saturday, May 19, 2012

100 Days of Being Facebook Free!

DAY 100, I HAVE BEEN FACEBOOK FREE FOR 100 DAYS!


I am actually really proud of myself for not having facebook for this long. It is hard to be a college student with out it. Well, its not hard but when all of your friends are communicating through it. In a way it is like not having a phone. But anyways, lets stick with the positives! In celebration of this event I did jack shit today. Well sort of I did get homework completed and watched Ace Ventura Pet Detective. 

So now that I am writing today's blog I feel like it isn't as exciting as I make it out to be. It's not like I get my 3 month chip for sobriety. It is just simply a choice to step back from technology to be able to view the world in a simpler way. Funny how the simpler way can be more complicated. Being without facebook makes me want to expand my technology free life. Unfortunately its not a 100% option these days. Especially while I am taking 3 online classes. I would really love to abandon the internet (but then how could I write these wonderful blogs!) and cell phones. Lets be honest those two things will never happen. 

The most disappointing thing about abandoning facebook was how many people stopped talking to me. Getting rid of facebook has really shown me how many friends I actually have. Plus I can't shamelessly stalk people from high school who are married, have babies or get arrested.

Even though I miss some of the things it has for the most part been a positive experience. I have seen the people who have continued our friendship more in public and I have done better in school. (not really sure if it is related to the major change) And I really enjoy writing daily blogs! It is like a online diary that isn't private! Thank you to those who read. I doubt I would continue writing if no one read it. I will be getting facebook back at the end of spring term, with the knowledge that facebook is not important enough to get in the way of me living my life. 

Does my experience make you want to change your life? Or has it already? If anything I hope that I can make you consider what is really important in life. 

See this Panda, it appreciates a Facebook free life style!

No comments:

Post a Comment