Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Play Date with a Cougar Cub

Day 110, My allergies are wreaking havoc today. I think I've produced enough snot to build a snot kingdom. Sorry that was a little gross, but I do feel like my bodily fluids are producing some kind of community with shopping malls and playgrounds.

Now, I left you with an adorable picture yesterday with no story! So long time a go I worked at this Wildlife Rehabilitation place and I often return to say hello to the people AND the animals. It was recently that I discovered the new resident cougar. Dying to see him Rachel and I drove down to see him. Then realizing that the perks of being and ex-intern are that we get to take him on a walk and PLAY with him. Best. Day. Ever. Please enjoy, awww if necessary.



This is what Jill calls 'Mattress Land' a big pile of mattresses that Brady LOVES to play on. This picture may look a little intimidating but, that is a playful baby! 






Have you ever taken a cougar for a walk? I have, Brady was a little nervous and liked to hang out in the tall grasses. He loved climbing on anything and would often run between legs and give love bites.
 Rachel Holding Brady, just a big kitty that's all! 30 pounds of kitty. 


It got a little hot out and Brady sought out some shade, he just plopped down under a car and looked ...well, adorable. He has the prettiest blue eyes! Can I take him home?

Have you EVER done anything this cool? 


 This was obviously the highlight of my memorial day weekend. I might not be able to play with him again when he gets bigger so I will appreciate this time spent with the little guy! Working with animals is always so rewarding and I can't imagine another career choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment