Saturday, January 26, 2013

Shootin' GUNS

I am so very tired. A full 9 hours of classes today. 4 hours of lecture and 5 hours of lab. Lab was great because we actually got to do stuff. We shot dart pistols and dart rifles and a net gun. I've never been a gun person. The most I've ever done is a BB gun. I'm kind of afraid of guns because they are loud, and scary things come out of the end. I didn't mind the pistols and the rifles because they were quiet! All that came out is the sound from the CO2 forcing the dart out. Now I did ok shot wise, I hit some targets, I missed some. I defiantly shot a turkey in the leg and a javelina in the rump.

Then we shot the net guns. The net guns were big, bulky, and heavy...and high powered as well as loud. My favorite, not.  I was terrified to fire this gun, but I knew I had to face my fear. I had a hard time holding it up and when I fired it, it hit my safety glasses and startled the shit out of me. But even though it knocked me bag I managed to actually net the Bear...SWEET! And by Bear I mean the bear was the size of a dog. But I still caught a non-moving bear.

Alright, I'm tired and I still have homework to do. Weekend course 75% completed!


No comments:

Post a Comment