Thursday, May 16, 2013

Abercrombie and Fitch is a Horrible Company

Abercrombie and Fitch. I have never shopped there in my life. Mostly because I was too terrified to walk in nor could I ever figure out where the entrances were OR what the clothes actually look like because it happens to be darker than the soul of the CEO, Mike Jefferies. Now I'm sure many of you have seen the backlash of the statements that this tool has made: If you can't read it click on it, should make the text larger.


Yeah he is a tool. But I think we can all agree on that. If I shopped there, I would stop. But, looks like I don't have to stop because I never shopped there in the first place. Lucky me! 

This video someone made to bash the company and help the homeless.

At first I loved this video, a man making a negative thing into something positive. However, simultaneously I feel like it is insensitive to the homeless, by alluding that they are the lowest of the low, that they should be the last people to wear a certain brand. Or is it just killing two birds with one stone. I guess I'm on the fence about Fitch the Homeless. Obviously his intentions are good-clothe the homeless. But, is this humiliating to the homeless? Am I being too sensitive about the subject? 

The CEO does look like old Biff. And I would also like to point out Gary Busey?

1 comment:

  1. No, it's not that homeless people are low, it's that they're the complete opposite of the Abercrombie ideal. So...the Skid Row folks get some clean clothes, and the shallow are embarrassed by it.
    I don't think Mr. CEO understands that not all his customers want to be identified with his ideals. He's gonna lose sales, and hopefully a lot.
    Besides which he's an old guy and outside of his own marketing range, thus not cool enough to be seen wearing his own brand.

    ReplyDelete