Wednesday, May 22, 2013

I Love Vampires

It happened. It actually happened. I never thought I'd be one of these people. Not only has it happened but it occurred after the whole fad was over. I can't believe I'm going to say this.

 I Love Vampires

WHOA! STOP! Pump the breaks people. It isn't what you are entirely thinking. I'm not a teeny bopper obsessed with glittering people. If I wanted glitter I'd buy a god damn diamond. (Either that or I'd skin my vampire boyfriend and sell his skin on the black market so that rich white woman could wear glitter coats in the sun.) Now I've only seen the first Twilight movie. It gave me the heebie jeebies. I didn't find it to be romantic in really any way. So I promise you my love does not come from Stephanie Meyers religious based, marriage-waiting book. No, it comes from a TV series that I thought was stupid when I first started watching. At some point in the last few weeks I became hooked. I'm not really quite sure when that happened. But, Buffy the Vampire Slayers has me swooning over defective Vampires.


Yes I mean defective. And I guess it is really difficult to explain but I will do my best. The first vampire who stole my heart was Angel. His defect is that he has a soul- not a horrible defect- but it is something that causes him remorse from killing and feeding off of people. Anyways when he didn't have his soul he was a complete dick that needed an ass kicking. But thankfully his softer mysterious, leather coat wearing self was still a cutie. After I'm done with Buffy I'm going to have to start watching this spin-off show. Dammit I loved Angel...When he wasn't a complete ass hole of course.



That was the last of my vampire crushes...Or so I thought. Well... until Bad Boy Spike came into the picture and stole my heart leaving Angel in the dust. Spike's defect is a chip lodged within his brain that prevents him from harming other living beings. From this chip he has become a more compassionate evil being. My theory is that he has had enough negative reinforcement towards harming others that it has changed his thinking. Also I think before he had a defect he was a loving form of evil...if that makes sense. His vampire evil was not even half as horrible as soulless Angel. Like I said, soulless Angel is a dick.  I don't know what is about Spike. His striking cheekbones perhaps or the fact that he tries so hard to gain the attention of a woman who can never love him in return. Maybe it's the Billy Idol look (in which Billy Idol stole from him...) .Perhaps it is the leather jacket or maybe I just love the fact that something so bad could be so sensitive and have feelings. That make me want to hug him like a dangerous teddy bear.

Like I said the latest Vampire Craze is ending since Twilight is fading...And I'm only about 10 years late on the Buffy Series. Eh, better late than never and with cooler more developed characters. There is just something about a bad boy with a sensitive side. However, I have never dated any bad boys. Bad boys are scary and they don't show their sensitive side. I need a fake bad boy who isn't really bad but appears that way. He obviously needs a leather jacket.

2 comments:

  1. 1. Billy Idol predates Spike by a good many years.
    2. Angel is way, way hotter than Spike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I mean that is what Spike says, Billy Idol copied his looks. And Yes Angel is way hotter than Spike, however the character development of Spike is better than Angels.

      Delete